“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Our competitors boast about how well they clean and remove mold. SERVPRO of Sussex County does more than just remove the mold. We apply a remediation plan that will remove the existing growth and prevent the growth from returning. The first step in this process is always your call to us. We will next inspect and assess the damage. Containment and mold removal are the next steps and finally we will clean your homes' contents. A fast response to a mold challenge is crucial as it can spread very quickly both through the air and when disturbed. Don't trust just anyone with the health of your home - call SERVPRO of Sussex County!
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (302) 856-9768
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (302) 856-9768
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Sussex County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2060 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: